Stress & Lifestyle Management
Is counselling right for me?
- Everybody goes through “ups and downs” in their lives. Talking to someone who is accepting and non-judgmental about your life challenges can be extremely helpful during a time of upheaval.
- Our Registered Clinical Counsellor is here to provide a safe place and opportunity for you to explore behaviours, relationships, feelings, or thoughts to facilitate positive change in your life.
How do I get started?
- Contact our clinical counsellor at 604-655-6033 to find out how we can help you make positive changes in your life.
If you have been involved in an accident on or after April 1, 2019, ICBC will automatically approve you for the following services with an end date of 12 weeks after the accident:
- 25 physiotherapy sessions
- 25 chiropractic sessions
- 12 massage therapy sessions
- 12 active rehab sessions
- 12 clinical counselling sessions
- 12 acupuncture sessions
Please note, that this automatic approval does not apply if you have sought treatment elsewhere, and are switching to Total Therapy. In this case, Total Therapy will be required to seek approval from ICBC prior to starting treatment with us. Additionally, ICBC will not approve treatment that was not sought in the first 12 weeks post-injury. For example, if you begin massage therapy and physiotherapy within the first 12 weeks, but not chiropractic, ICBC will not fund chiropractic treatment after this date. Therefore, it is advised that you should seek treatment with each discipline that you anticipate needing during your recovery within the first 12 weeks post-injury. Please ask your therapist for recommendations if you are unsure which other services may be beneficial.
What’s required from ICBC patients?
- Legal First and Last Name
- Claim Number
- Personal Health Number* (optional, but can cause delays with ICBC)
- Current Working Status
- GP referral* (for claims prior to April 1st 2019)
Full FAQ here.
Rates Effective October 12, 2021
|Counselling||One-on-One (80 min)||$185|
|Counselling||One-on-One (50 min)||$125|
|Counselling||One-on-One (30 min)||$60|
If you’re dealing with:
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss – General
- Men’s Issues
Or would like to explore:
- Stress management strategies
- Lifestyle management
- Goal setting
- Meaning of life
- Parenting education
Contact our clinical counsellor at 604-655-6033 to find out how we can help you make positive changes.