Pre & Postnatal TrainingBook An Appointment
Can I exercise while I’m pregnant?
- Absolutely! With the guidance of your kinesiologist, we can develop a safe and enjoyable exercise program for a healthy pregnancy.
- We know that pregnancy isn’t easy; so your personalized exercise program is designed to fit your schedule, fitness level, and interests.
What will my first appointment look like?
- Your initial appointment with your kinesiologist will be a 30 minute complimentary consultation, during which you will discuss your goals, health history, and exercise experience.
- Together with your kinesiologist, you will develop a plan to stay active that adapts to the changes in your body.
When and where do I start?
- With your plan in place, you’re well on your way to success.
- Your kinesiologist will book your subsequent one-on-one sessions in our private on-site gym.
- You have the flexibility to book 30, 45, or 60-minute training sessions.
Rates Effective September 18, 2023
|Private (Gym)||Complimentary Phone Consultation (30 min)
One-on-One (60 min)
One-on-One (45 min)
One-on-One (30 min)
|ICBC||Visit Fee (Gym)||$0|
Staying active is an important part of a healthy pregnancy. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology recommends 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise on most, if not all, days of the week. Exercise during pregnancy is about more than just maintaining your fitness. It can help:
- Improve glycemic control / decrease your risk of gestational diabetes
- Decrease low back pain
- Prevent diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- Address symphysis pubis dysfunction (pelvic joint pain)
- Decrease your risk of postpartum depression
As your pregnancy progresses, your body undergoes several significant changes including: increased joint laxity, weight gain (~20-40 lbs), increased curvature of the low back, and increased demands on your cardiovascular system. It is therefore important that your exercise routine changes with you.
We will help you understand how the physiological changes associated with pregnancy affect your body, and how you can exercise safely and effectively to optimize your pre- and post-natal health. Your Kinesiologist will work with you one-on-one to create a program that fits with your goals and addresses the unique challenges of each trimester.