Is physiotherapy right for me?
- We treat clients with ICBC or WorkSafe claims, extended health benefits, and MSP Premium assistance.
- Whether your pain is from a sports injury, a workplace or motor vehicle accident, a recent surgery, or if it’s been so long that you can’t remember where your pain came from. Wherever you’re starting, we can help.
- Our physios are experienced treating a variety of musculoskeletal, neurological, and vestibular conditions, and will work with you one-on-one to get you back to living.
What will my first appointment look like?
- Your initial appointment will be a 40-minute comprehensive assessment during which you and your physio will discuss your symptoms, health history, and pain management strategies.
- Before initiating treatment, your physio will accurately identify the underlying disorder and provide you with an effective treatment plan.
How do I progress?
- Your physiotherapist will use a variety of treatment techniques to relieve your symptoms, prevent re-injury, and empower you to make a lasting change in your health.
- Your physiotherapist will design an individualized home care program, and will introduce you to corrective exercises in our private on-site gym.
Rates Effective October 22, 2018
|Private||Initial / Subsequent Visit
One-on-One (60 min)
|ICBC||visit (with applicable claim number)||$0|
|MSP Premium Assistance||visit||$30|
|WCB||visit (with applicable claim number)||$0|
At Total Therapy’s physiotherapy division, we strive to make a positive impact on your life. Our physiotherapists are university-educated health practitioners dedicated to accurately assessing and treating musculoskeletal disorders. Our approach at Total Therapy is pragmatic: does the treatment work for the patient and is it supported by research?
Each physiotherapy treatment program is individually designed to best address your needs and goals. During your first physiotherapy session, your physiotherapist will perform a comprehensive assessment to accurately identify the underlying disorder and provide you with an effective treatment plan. Our physiotherapists use a variety of drug-free techniques to restore maximal function and reduce pain. Your physiotherapy treatment plan may include manual therapy and joint mobilizations, transverse friction massage and active release therapy, the use of modalities such as ultrasound and external electrical stimulation, hydro/cryotherapy, acupuncture, and exercise prescription, to name a few.
On your first physiotherapy session, you will be provided with educational information to help you manage your condition, thus optimizing the healing process and reducing the possibility of re-injury. Our physiotherapists emphasize exercise and active therapy and will introduce you to appropriate range of motion, stabilization, and strength exercises as soon as it is safe to do so. Knowledge and empowerment are key to a successful outcome. As a part of your physiotherapy treatment, you will be provided with an individualized exercise home program so that you will have the tools to return to or even exceed your pre-injury level of function.
Our physiotherapists regularly attend educational seminars to stay current on the latest treatment techniques to ensure that the care you receive is of the highest quality. Moreover, we have full working gyms at both of our facilities, enabling you to perform your rehabilitative exercises on site.
You do not need a physician’s referral to attend physiotherapy, unless you are an ICBC or WorkSafeBC client. Some extended health plans do require a physician’s referral for physiotherapy coverage. Please review your private insurance plan.
We welcome you to discover our friendly, professional, and caring environment.Book An Appointment